Can I just say that it has been so freaking long since I’ve posted that my browser bar did not “recognize” my domain name and I had to type the whole thing in?! I suppose I should be thankful that my site isn’t covered in dust and spider webs.
The best way for me to get back into the blogging groove is to go with a list format. I am feeling short and to the point these days with no time for lots of adjectives and exclamation points.
Let’s see, since I have been here last the following things have been going on ….
- I had a fun filled slumber party with Cara & Kay. Highlights include a hard fought scrabble game chock full of belly aching and laughs (can you guess who was doing the belly aching?? hint: not me and not Kay), a trip to a quilt show and the final perfect thing? deep fried tater tots!! It was a lovely visit and Kay is the Perfect Hostess.
- I had a fibery get-together in my own back yard. Kathleen, Cara, Peggy, Nancy, Chante, Maribel and their wonderful families all came over for a bbq. We had a great time eating, playing bocce and spinning while the kids and husbands enjoyed the pool and hammock. The weather was perfect and it was a great day.
- I have been on two yarn shop crawls in Brooklyn. On top of finding some great yarn shops, I was directed to a fantastic place to eat — Ferdinando’s. For this place I will certainly work up some exlamatory energy. OMG!!!!!!!!! you simply must go there if you are ever in the area. Plus those yarn shops are great too!
- my knitting such as it is has been not very exciting at all. I am working on some socks which are lovely, but I cannot seem to get worked up over. I just completed a sample piece for the shop and I need to put my nose to the grindstone for that Magpie sweater. I also need to get something on the needles for a baby shower gift. But honestly I am feeling very bleh about all of it. After I post here I am headed over to Ravelry, all things knitting can be found over there.
- Mr. Boar is still hard at work on the deck. If the weather cooperates this weekend he may be putting the finishing touches on the project by building a new table. It really has come out beautifully.
- I am beginning a few house projects of my own and first on the list is painting D#1’s room. I plan on prepping things in there today and hope to have a brush in my hand on Friday.
- just this morning Virginia told me about a new knitting site — Popknits! check it out, it looks great!
ps. for someone who claims to be all meh. I seem to have used the word great a lot. I am a riddle rapped in a mystery. or a shrimp wrapped in bacon.