without getting too OCD about it, I have been trying to incorporate some spinning into my morning routine. Here is extra fine BFL from Twisted Fiber Art. I had two 4 ounce braids which spun up into 200 yds. of 2 ply bulky-ish weight.
news from the homefront:
- D#1 just signed a lease on a new apartment – she sent pictures last night and it looks really nice. Up until now she has been living in an apartment, but it has been more along the lines of student/off campus living. I actually haven’t seen the one she’s been in since September – which I believe to be a blessing since at the time she moved in, she didn’t have a job and just took the absolute cheapest place she could find. let’s not think about it. It just so happens my MIL is relocating to Florida and will be shedding lots of her furniture, so D#1 will happily take whatever she can get. All of this means there is a U-Haul in my future!
- D#2 will be home for Easter — since spring break has never fallen over Easter, this is the first time in many years I will have one or the other here. And I am oddly excited since we really don’t make a big deal out of Easter ……
- now that Downton Abbey is over, I have been watching something on MTV called I Just Want My Pants Back. You would think I should be filled with shame, but I’m not. It’s pretty good!
news from the shop: lots and lots going on!
- We have tons of fab new yarns in – Fiberphile, String Theory just to name a few.
- And we are getting our own custom colorway with MadelineTosh! We just got a picture of it yesterday and it is absolutely gorgeous!!
- We are also hosting a workshop in April with Alasdair Post Quinn on Double Knitting. Have you seen his stuff??
- Kathleen and I will be traveling to Boston in two weeks to attend Yarn Market News Smart Business Conference – that should be interesting and fun! We won’t be able to go to TNNA this year since Gracie (Kathleen’s girly) will be graduating on those dates, so we thought we would try this instead.
Oooooh! Pretty yards!