Knitting is one big word problem.
In my house, Boar is the mathematician, I am not. Whenever there is a math, chemistry or computer question he is the go-to guy. Anything else, see me.
Having finished the Spearfish, I am back to working on Halcyon. I thought I was taking extra care with row counting.
Ann and Boar are sitting in their den watching The Staircase on the Sundance channel.
- B: is that the guy?
- A: yes – that one there with the pipe.
- B: do you think he did it?
- A: yea – how many dead women can you find at the bottom of a staircase?
- B: is his brother a lawyer?
- A: it seems like he must be.
- A: Boar? if I am on row 3 of a four row repeat, row 9 of a twelve row repeat, row 7 of a sixteen row repeat and row 15 of a twenty four row repeat, what row am I on?
See how I answer his questions and he answers mine? that’s marriage people!
Do you know he actually figured it out?
Well, almost figured it out – he would have figured it out if I had given him the right information!
People, I have just finished row 58. Even with all of the calculations it took me 3 hours – three hours to knit 3 rows!!
I think Anita is right, that gris gris gave me some bad juju.
Knitty math now comes with word problems? How did I ever get into this? I hate knitty math!
I am bad at that chart math too. I hate when the charts are different lengths. Na Craga was so easy. St. Brigid is especially annoying to me cause rows 1 & 2 of the middle chart only get done on the first repeat. How about making them -1 and 0? I should start designing!
He answered you? I would have gotten a blank stare.
That voodoo is dangerous business.
I’ll see what I can find in the way of hex removers…