Can I tell you? This chair was much harder and more involved than I ever imagined it would be. I really thought we would have this finished in about three hours – including set up and clean up. Boy was I wrong!
I spent about six hours making this and I had Boar to help. Help is putting it mildly. I would never have finished this if he weren’t there. To be perfectly honest, I would have completely screwed it up by the second cut of wood . There is a ton of math involved – angles and opposite angles. Also, I had taken pictures of the chair and taken measurements, but I came to discover not all the necessary measurements. So we spent lots of time calculating and changing things around. gah! I think for all future chairs I shall be the lovely assistant and he shall be the one in the flannel shirt.
Now that we have our prototype, we are planning on making more tomorrow with some changes …. we are not using screws on the arms and are going to put a longer supports under them. Boar would like to change the angle on the back. There was also some talk of using a beefier cut of wood for the leg supports.
Despite all the complications, I am thrilled with the way this came out and I got to spend the day playing with Boar and making him share his power tools! ; )