The box. They made me wait until the very end of the present opening to open my two big boxes. In the most recent big box, was a new flat screen television for our bedroom. Frankly the minute that box hit the pile, I new what it was. Mr. Boar had dropped very unsubtle hints and it is as much a present for him as for me. The television that was in our bedroom was 15 years old, and although nothing was wrong with it, it was a technological dinosaur. The new one is fantastic. But let’s proceed to the original mystery box. The one with all the clues and taped over peep holes……
Do you remember me telling you how I love to find junk on the side of the road? Well, this trunk is the beauty that was inside the mystery box.
Let’s review the list of clues ….
- it is something I will want. Not anything that I’ve said I’ve wanted. D#2 spotted it at the barn, abandoned in the back storage room
- it is heavy. not as heavy as I thought
- it was D#2’s idea once they got it, the Boar took it into his workroom to customize it Then Boar had to refurbish it.
- when Boar went shopping for the customization, he went to Home Depot, but said that if they didn’t have what he needed, he would go to Kohl’s. New hinges and leather straps. Which if he couldn’t find at Home Depot, he was planning on buying two belts at Kohl’s
- it is not in the box it came in it is in a wooden box inside the box (see picture taken through carry handle hole in side of box that didn’t get covered in wrapping paper)
- in order to get it, D#2 did something that was out of the ordinary for her she asked around about who the box belonged to, including talking to trainers that she doesn’t know – pretty bold stuff for her!
- Boar and D#2 have been cooking this up for a few weeks
A red Ipod Nano!! Yay!! this was on my list and they even got it inscribed! Here is a close up of the inscription. A quote from Arrested Development. D#2 share my abiding and somewhat compulsive love for quoting all things AD. it couldn’t be more perfect!