This morning I was having trouble coming up with something, anything to blog about. I decided to check through my archives of drafts. I usually save memes and the sorts for just such occasions. It is my little blogging reserve – my canned goods as it were! Here we have a meme — I have no idea who sent it to me, although I suspect it was Mindy since she is in one of the answers I wrote.
1. Do you knit continental or English?
English – I have been tinkering around with continental for use during ribbing and moss stitch patterns. I am still no good at it, so it’s English all the way. I also enjoy the ‘living history’ of knitting styles and would never switch on a permanent basis, since I consider it an heirloom from my grandmother.
2. How long ago did you learn to knit? at some point during elementary school. shall I do the math? I’m 42, I was probably 10 …… so 32 years ago?
3. First FO?
who can remember back that far. I seem to remember a doll blanket and a crocheted teddy bear, an afghan and loads of I-cord from that little knitting mushroom gadget!
4. Favorite yarn? Lamb’s Pride and Mountain Colors
5. Favorite pattern? I am really loving the Retro Rib Sock pattern
6. Favorite pattern source?I love Interweave Knits as well as Knitty and MagKnits
Kathleen has turned me onto Addi-Turbos, my collection is growing and anytime I can use them, I do.
8. Nicest thing you’ve ever knit? hard to say — like a true knitting Lothario, I’ve loved them all!
9. Most hated project? a sweater that put me off knitting for a number of years — cheap yarn, lousy color choice and my thought that I had to finish that particular project before starting another led to the ‘dark’ years of non-knitting. I finally gave myself permission to throw the whole project in the garbage (knitting bag and all!) and have been knitting steadily ever since.