Let me first say that Vicki tagged me for the sixth folder/sixth picture meme. So what happened? Why am I a spoil sport?
First, I became paralyzed by trying to decide what exactly constitutes the sixth folder in my crazy picture filing system. If I count it one way, I get one result and if I count another way an entirely different picture! Then when I finally figured out which approach to take and counted out the sixth folder and the sixth picture, it was one that I cannot put online (one of the D’s friends that I don’t know well enough to just go putting their picture on the Internets).
So then I was just going to pick out any picture and was trying to figure out which one and was beginning to agonize over this, when it hit me that the spontaneity of the whole thing which in fact seemed to be the whole point, had truly eluded me. ~ heavy sigh ~
So now that that is off my chest – here is a handspun project! This is Thorpe knit with some Blue Face Leicester that has been in my stash for awhile. Over Thanksgiving vacation D#2 arrived home from visiting with friends at midnight. A very reasonable hour. I was in the den knitting when she came through the door and after we chatted for a bit she said, “I think I will knit insert boyfriend’s name a hat for Christmas”
Have sweeter words ever been spoken? Is any hour too late when a daughter decides to pick up the needles?
We were up until three in the morning picking out a pattern and then the yarn. She decided on Thorpe, but thought that my handspun was a bit too ‘girly’. She found some dark, manly brown yarn in the stash and began knitting away. And there I am with my handspun, thinking this really would make a great Thorpe.
And there you have it.
1. John Nowland, “first” white child born in Ann Arbor, at the 1898 Log Cabin in the Fairgrounds that became Burns Park, 2. icecream truck, 3. IMG_1438, 4. Children, 5. Ed Harris, 6. Fishin’ Remuz, 7. Scotland .!Thanks for the scenery……, 8. I.C.E – C.R.E.A.M, 9. a Very Mad Mother, 10. family day out, 11. Knitter, 12. corners
a. Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search.
b. Using only the first page, pick an image.
c. Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into fd’s mosaic maker.
1. What is your first name?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What high school did you go to?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
6. Favorite drink?
7. Dream vacation?
8. Favorite dessert?
9. What you want to be when you grow up?
10. What do you love most in life?
11. One word to describe you.
12. Your flickr name.
Happy Mother’s Day!