Let me first say that Vicki tagged me for the sixth folder/sixth picture meme. So what happened? Why am I a spoil sport?
First, I became paralyzed by trying to decide what exactly constitutes the sixth folder in my crazy picture filing system. If I count it one way, I get one result and if I count another way an entirely different picture! Then when I finally figured out which approach to take and counted out the sixth folder and the sixth picture, it was one that I cannot put online (one of the D’s friends that I don’t know well enough to just go putting their picture on the Internets).
So then I was just going to pick out any picture and was trying to figure out which one and was beginning to agonize over this, when it hit me that the spontaneity of the whole thing which in fact seemed to be the whole point, had truly eluded me. ~ heavy sigh ~
So now that that is off my chest – here is a handspun project! This is Thorpe knit with some Blue Face Leicester that has been in my stash for awhile. Over Thanksgiving vacation D#2 arrived home from visiting with friends at midnight. A very reasonable hour. I was in the den knitting when she came through the door and after we chatted for a bit she said, “I think I will knit insert boyfriend’s name a hat for Christmas”
Have sweeter words ever been spoken? Is any hour too late when a daughter decides to pick up the needles?
We were up until three in the morning picking out a pattern and then the yarn. She decided on Thorpe, but thought that my handspun was a bit too ‘girly’. She found some dark, manly brown yarn in the stash and began knitting away. And there I am with my handspun, thinking this really would make a great Thorpe.
And there you have it.
1. John Nowland, “first” white child born in Ann Arbor, at the 1898 Log Cabin in the Fairgrounds that became Burns Park, 2. icecream truck, 3. IMG_1438, 4. Children, 5. Ed Harris, 6. Fishin’ Remuz, 7. Scotland .!Thanks for the scenery……, 8. I.C.E – C.R.E.A.M, 9. a Very Mad Mother, 10. family day out, 11. Knitter, 12. corners
a. Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search.
b. Using only the first page, pick an image.
c. Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into fd’s mosaic maker.
1. What is your first name?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What high school did you go to?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
6. Favorite drink?
7. Dream vacation?
8. Favorite dessert?
9. What you want to be when you grow up?
10. What do you love most in life?
11. One word to describe you.
12. Your flickr name.
Happy Mother’s Day!
This is upsetting but I thought I should pass it along. Check your drivers license. Now you can see anyone’s Driver’s License and permits on the Internet, including your own! I just searched for mine and there it was picture and all!! Where are our rights? I definitely removed mine. I suggest you do the same.
Go to the web site and check it out. Just enter your name, city and state to see if yours is on file. After your license comes on the screen, click the box marked “Please Remove”. This will remove it from public viewing, but not from law enforcement. here is the link.
are you here to find out more about the girl on girl action that Margene hinted at? In honor of Zeneedle I too will fill out a list …..
- Your boyfriend/girlfriend cheats on you with your best friend, who are you (more) mad at?
- Is there something someone could say to you that would cross a boundary of not being able to take back or forgive them?
- What non-sexual body part do you find the sexiest?
- Would you ever consider cosmetic surgery to have the perfect body?
- Have you ever kissed someone of the same sex?
Absolutely the best friend. All my BFF’s: consider yourself warned!
I bet that there is, but I can’t think of what it would be. I am sure there is something though and as they say, ‘you can’t un-ring a bell’.
hands. big strong hands! ooooooo. or maybe the vocabulary — nothing like a couple of syllables to get me going!
have you ever noticed Margene’s hands? ; ) I kid, I kid.
string theory. the mathematical kind
Vicki. what is up with Vicki? does anyone know what she quit??